UK soldier dies in Basra ''accident'' as death toll rises to 67 in Irbil twin attacks
A British soldier was killed in an "accident" in the Iraqi city of Basra, according to the British Ministry of Defense Sunday.
The soldier, serving with the 35 Engineer Regiment, was killed on Saturday, a statement by the Ministry said, providing no further details on the "accident".
A ministry's spokeswoman said that it was "engineering-related, and was not as a result of a road crash, or enemy fire".
Meanwhile, American officials said 67 people were killed and 267 injured Sunday when suicide bombers attacked the offices of both the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in the northern Iraqi city of Irbil.
On Sunday, US officials said at least 56 people were killed and over 235 wounded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Three US soldiers killed in helicopter crash, British soldier killed near Basra
- Iraq: Death toll in Irbil twin suicide bombing attacks may rise to over 100
- At least seven dead in Baghdad market explosion as US soldier killed in mortar attack
- British soldier killed near Basra
- Three Iraqis, U.S. soldier killed in attacks