UNRWA Commissioner-General Filippo Grand discusses Palestinian refugees at AUB
The Issam Fares Institute for Public Policy and International Affairs at the American University of Beirut hosted a lecture by Filippo Grandi, the Commissioner-General of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) for Palestine refugees on June 24, 2010 at 5 p.m. in College Hall, Auditorium B1. Mr. Gandi discussed the opportunities amidst crises for UNRWA and Palestine refugees in today's Middle East. Among the attendees were the AUB President, Peter Dorman; Dutch Ambassador, Hero de Boer; Ambassador Samir el Khoury; UNRWA Lebanon Director, Salvatore Lombardo; European Union (EU) Ambassador, Patrick Laurent, and members of the academic community, students and Lebanese and Palestinian civil society as well as international organizations. Prior to the lecture, President Dorman, in the presence of Provost Ahmad Dallal, hosted Filippo Grandi, an UNRWA delegation, and heads of AUB faculties and departments to discuss ongoing and future collaborations between the Agency and AUB.
- AUB To Hold Round-Table on UNRWA and Palestinian Refugees in Presence of UNRWA Commissioner-General
- UNRWA Official to speak on Palestinian refugees
- Qaralleh Presents Credentials to the UNRWA
- US to Contribute $9m to Cash-Starved Refugee Agency
- Annan Names New Deputy Head for UN Agency For Palestinian Refugees