Jordan to execute Sajida al-Rashawi and five others
Sajida al-Rishawi and five others will likely be executed within a few hours.
Sky News reports Jordan will execute Iraqi prisoner Sajida al-Rahaswi and five others linked to terrorist organizations in the upcoming hours.
"The sentence of death pending on... Iraqi Sajida al-Rishawi will be carried out at dawn," the security official said on Tuesday, speaking on condition of anonymity to the Daily Star.
After burning Lt. Mu'ath al-Kasasbeh alive in a metal cage, the Jordanian government has since declared its intent to avenge the fallen pilot.
"The revenge will be as big as the calamity that has hit Jordan," army spokesman Colonel Mamdouh al Ameri said.
Daesh had previously demanded al-Rishawi in exchange for Japanese hostage Kenji Goto. They also stated that the exchange would ensure al-Kasasbeh would not be harmed.
But it is clear that this was all smoke and mirrors, as the Jordanian government has confirmed al-Kasasbeh was murdered exactly one month ago.
- Daesh burns Jordanian pilot alive
- WARNING: Disturbing, horrific images of Jordan's pilot purportedly burning to death in cage
- A family in mourning: al-Kasasbeh's father reacts to his tragic death
- Who is Sajida? The woman wanted in exchange for remaining Japanese hostage
- Jordan hangs two militants including Sajida al-Rishawi