US Damascus Embassy Advises Americans to Leave Country
Damascus – Albawaba.com
US Ambassador to Syria have advised American citizens residing in Syria, and visitors to leave the country or to take all precautions for their personal safety, according to sources close to the embassy.
The sources quoted Ambassador Rayan Croaker as telling his fellow people that he would rather they left Syria “if their stay is not necessary.”
According to the sources, the recommendation came amid fears that the security situation in the country would be unstable after the death of Syrian president Hafez Assad Saturday.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. advises its citizens to leave Saudi Arabia, Kuwait
- U.S. embassy in Syria tells Americans to take steps to ensure safety
- U.S. urges its citizens to leave Israel, Jordan, Syria and Lebanon
- American embassy in Damascus closed for ''security''reasons
- Tulay Haron admits throwing rotten tomatoes at US Embassy