US Secretary of State to embark on rare Maghreb region visit as part of ''war on terror''
Secretary of State Colin Powell is expected to pay official visits to Algeria, Morocco and Tunisia next month, aimed at boosting the United States' relations with those North African countries in the framework of the global combat against "terror", a US spokesperson said Monday.
The top US diplomat is due to visit Algeria on December 3, but details regarding his visits to Morocco and Tunisia were not provided. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- United States Under-Secretary for Middle East to visit Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia
- Chirac to Visit Maghreb Countries in Early December
- Powell in Morocco as part of North Africa tour to gain support for ''war on terror''
- Lahoud to Visit Morocco, Tunisia
- US Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs visits Morocco