U.S. spokesman: Iraqi former foreign minister Aziz's health ''decent''
Iraq's arrested former foreign minister Tariq Aziz, currently imprisoned by the Americans, is in decent health, a U.S. military spokesman said Tuesday.
Aziz surrendered to U.S. troops back in April and has since been held with other "security detainees."
There had been rumors Aziz, a diabetic with a history of chronic heart disease, had suffered a heart attack while in the custody of occupation authorities, but the spokesman said Aziz was "currently in stable condition" and received regular medical attention.
He added that Aziz underwent a full physical examination in September.
The spokesman added Aziz had suffered one heart attack, but he did not specify if this was before or after being taken into custody by the Americans. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- U.S. military denies reports on Tareq Aziz's death
- Bush: Aziz doesn't know to say the truth
- Tariq Aziz: Israel to ''transfer'' Palestinians to Jordan in the event of U.S. attack on Iraq
- Tareq Aziz suffers blood clot in the brain
- Report: Family of former Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister accuses CIA of not fulfilling terms of surrender deal