US warns citizens of new al Qaeda threats in Yemen
Washington on Wednesday warned US citizens of the potential for new "terrorist threats" in Yemen, Osama bin Laden's ancestral home, as the al-Qaeda network seeks to re-establish itself in the country and elsewhere.
"The security threat to all US citizens in Yemen remains high due to continuing efforts by al-Qaeda to re-constitute an effective operating base," the State Department said in a statement.
"This could lead to possible attacks by extremist individuals or groups against US citizens, facilities, businesses and perceived interests," it said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen: Al Qaeda threats lead to closure of U.S. embassy
- US Embassy calls on American citizens in Saudi Arabia to increase awareness against al-Qaeda attacks
- Following threats: Yemen vows to strike al Qaeda
- U.S. warns its citizens of terror attacks in Yemen, Djibouti
- Yemen asks Germany to hand over top al-Qaeda suspects