West Bank: Palestinian fighter, Israeli soldier killed in clash
A Palestinian fighter and an Israeli soldier were killed in a West Bank clash on Monday, press reports have indicated. Another Israeli soldier was wounded in this incident, according to Israeli sources.
The clash took place in the village of Seida near the city of Tulkarm, which was handed over to Palestinian security control under the truce declared with Israel in February. The Israeli raid in the area started on Sunday. On Monday, Israeli troops entered the village, shooting dead a member of the Islamic Jihad group, who fired at the advancing soldiers, Israeli Army radio reported. Seideh was not part of the handover and is still under Israeli control.
Palestinian officials condemned the incursion as a violation of agreements between the two sides.
- West Bank: Israeli soldier, Palestinian man killed
- West Bank: Palestinian, Israeli soldier killed in firefight
- Palestinian, Israeli soldier killed during Israeli raid on West Bank village
- Four Palestinians, One Israeli soldier killed in Gaza clash
- Gaza Strip: Israeli soldier, four Palestinians killed in blasts, clash