Yemen’s Interior Minister: Saudi Kingdom to hand over Cole suspects to Sanaa
Saudi Arabia will soon extradite to Yemen eight fugitives, some of them involved in the bombing of USS Cole, Yemeni Interior Minister Rashid al-Alami said in remarks published Sunday.
"All the eight fugitives are Yemenis. A number of them are involved in the attack on the USS Cole" in October 2000 in which 17 US sailors were killed, Alami told the Al-Yawm daily.
Other suspects are wanted on criminal charges in Yemen, the minister added without indicating when the hand-over will take place.
Furthermore, Alami said Sanaa will extradite to Riyadh five Saudi fugitives wanted on separate criminal offences, and who had illegally crossed the borders into Yemen. (Albawaba.com)
- Yemen hands over five wanted suspects to Saudi Arabia
- Yemen to extradite 24 ”terror” suspects to Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia hands over to Yemen French tanker explosion suspects
- Yemen to Turn Islamic Jihad Man over to Prosecutor in UK Embassy Attack Case
- Saleh: Yemen ‘Will Never Allow’ US Officials to Question Nationals on Cole Attack