Yemen detains would be suicide bomber
Yemeni security forces arrested a suspected Al-Qaeda member overnight as he prepared to carry out a suicide bombing in the southeastern port of Mukalla, an interior ministry spokesman said on Saturday. The spokesman told AFP Saleh Abd al-Habib Saleh al-Shaush was stopped at a roadblock.
He was detained while riding a motorbike in the district of Khalaf. "He was riding a motorbike which was carrying two bombs and he was also wearing an explosives belt." His precise target was unclear although it was suspected to be a major facility in Mukalla, the spokesman added.
- Iraqi minister: Would-be bomber holds Syrian passport
- Six held over Daesh suicide bombing in Jalalabad
- Suicide bomber targets Southern Movement members in Yemen
- Israel claims it captured two would-be bombers in Nablus as U.S. slams closure of Al Quds university offices of Nusseibe
- Hamas claims bus attack in Jerusalem: At least 11 people killed; Bomber relatives detained; Sharon mulls response