Yemen President receives FBI Chief
Yemen President Ali Abdullah Saleh received on Monday FBI Director Robert Mueller in Aden.
During the meeting, Mueller handed Saleh a letter from United States President George W. Bush, dealing with US-Yemen ties, bilateral cooperation and Bush's appreciation of Yemen's efforts in combating terror, according to the official SABA news agency.
Moreover, Saleh and Mueller discussed the bilateral exchange of information in fighting terror and serving peace and stability in the region, the agency added.
In addition, the FBI chief, according to the agency, praised the bilateral cooperation between the two friendly countries.
President Saleh, for his part, asked Mueller to convey his good wishes to his US counterpart, hailing the flourishing bilateral relationship between the countries.
Yemen’s Minister of Interior, Rashad al-Alimi, the Director of the Central Organization for Political Security, Ghaleb al-Qamesh and the US ambassador to Yemen, Edmund Hull attended the meeting as well. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yemen President receives Qatari Foreign Minister
- Yemen president sends letter to Libyan counterpart
- Yemen President, Russian Defense Minister discuss cooperation
- Yemeni president defends security cooperation with U.S., denounces terror plots
- Yemen President receives Indonesian Official; condemns Bali attack