Yemen says it thwarted ''terrorist'' acts by al Qaeda cell
Yemen expects that Saudi Arabia will soon extradite a Yemeni citizen wanted because of his alleged involvement in "terrorist" acts, it was reported Thursday in Sana'a.
26 September newspaper quoted a Yemeni security official as saying that "this person was captured by Saudi security authorities and he is a member in one of al-Qaeda cells."
The report added that following the arrest, the Yemeni security forces discovered other members of his cell and thus thwarted planned "terrorist" plots.
The statement said that the two other persons arrested Tuesday in Hadhrmout region with explosions, were not terrorists, but illegal traders of arms. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Four Al Qaeda militants detained in Yemen
- CNN: Jordanian Intelligence Helped Thwart Attacks
- Yemen: Terrorist cell with link to Israel arrested
- French tanker explodes off Yemen; Diplomat speaks about possible ''terrorist act'', Yemen officials deny
- Wanted Al Qaeda terrorist escapes assassination in Lebanon