Garbage in Egypt is unsolvable problem.
Garbage in Egypt is a problem that seems to be unsolvable. The former government tried to solve it by recruiting foreign companies but didn’t work. Now the revolution has aggravated the problem to such an extent that mountains of garbage can be found everywhere.
Strangely, these garbage mountains have become meals for the poor, which at least temporarily, sate their hunger.
The garbage scene is becoming more and more visible as trash is thrown everywhere in streets, because no laws are being enforced in the post-revolution period. In Qaylibiya, as in many other cities, residents have no allocated spots to throw garbage, nor do authorities have the means or resources to collect trash and take it away from cities.
In Cairo, garbage mountains are found at the end of each street. While authorities claim that residents do not thrown rubbish in storage bins, residents accuse authorities and garbage companies of not doing their jobs correctly.
In Alexandria though, residents have done something exceptional, they put garbage at the top of the governor’s car forcing him to remove it by hand. (Source: www.yallafinance.com)
- Report: Israeli decision to dump garbage in West Bank in violation of international laws
- GAM Removes 9,000 Tons of Garbage during ‘Eid Al Adha Holiday
- French Firm wins Alexandria Garbage Deal
- GAM collected 80.000 tones of Garbage in Ramadan & Eid Al-Fitr
- One-Man Campaign to Save Baalabek Archeological Site