Yemeni Policeman Kills Four, Wounds Three in Family Shooting
A Yemeni police officer shot dead four members of his cousin's family and wounded three more children in a domestic dispute, a police official said Wednesday.
"Lieutenant Haidara Ahmad Mohammad used a machine gun to kill his cousin Faisal Abdul Hamid Naji, his cousin's wife and their two children, aged 11 and 13, at the family home," the official told AFP.
Three other children of the couple were wounded in Tuesday's shooting and hospitalized in Al-Tawahi in the southern province of Aden, he said.
The officer was narrowly prevented from committing suicide after the shooting and is being questioned by police.
Some 60 million guns are in civilian hands in Yemen, or more than three for each of the 16.75 million Yemenis, according to the interior ministry. Yemen's heavily armed tribesmen often clash with government forces - ADEN (AFP)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- West Bank: One Israeli policeman killed, three wounded in shooting attack
- Three Dead, Four Wounded as Bandit Family Battle Police in Sanaa
- Policeman in Dubai Guns down Wife, Commits Suicide
- Car bombs and shootings rock Iraq, killing at least 10
- Israel kills four in Tulkarem, including top Fatah activist; Hamas member, PA policeman shot dead in Gaza Strip