ABB wins $4.5 million power deal for Raha Beach's Al Muneera residence in Abu Dhabi
ABB has signed a contract worth USD $4.5 million with ALDAR, a major property developer in Abu Dhabi, to design and install four state-of-the-art substations for the Al Muneera Apartment project.
Located on the precinct of Khor Al Raha, the Al Muneera project is a neighborhood offering a mix of luxury living in villas with waterfront and canal views, as well as distinctively designed multi-storey apartment buildings. "ABB is very excited to be a part of this key residential project in Abu Dhabi, which is a major highlight of the Raha Beach project," said Elias Rizk, ABB's local business unit manager for construction in the UAE. "Not only are ABB's substations increasing power capacity, they are also boosting energy efficiency and strengthening the power grid at Al Muneera project, thus ensuring reliable power to the thousands of residents, tourists and businesses year-round."
Rizk goes on to add, "ABB's leading edge technology coupled with our long history of building quality and reliable substations in the UAE were key factors in this contract win."
As part of the turnkey contact, ABB will be responsible for the design, engineering, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of four 22/0.4kV substations. The substation delivery includes twenty-four 2000 kVA transformers, forty-eight 22 kV air-insulated switchgear panels, telecommunications equipment, DC systems and a host of medium- and low-voltage cables.
- The pendulum is swinging? Falling oil prices shifts energy balance in favor of the West
- Saudi Arabia has picked the worst time possible to be building massive oil refineries
- Aiming to reduce dependency: an inside look into Jordan's attempts to increase domestic energy production
- Stuck up on oil: the GCC's lackluster diversification record
- Renewable energy: the way out of deep Egypt's economic troubles?