Renewable energy innovators
Zayed Future Energy Prize, the world’s preeminent award for innovation, leadership, long-term vision, and impact in renewable energy and sustainability, announced it has launched an Innovators Hub: an online directory that showcases the technology innovations in renewable energy and sustainability the prize has received over the years. The site was also launched to provide a networking platform for the renewable energy industry worldwide.
“The innovators hub builds on the assets of our prize by bringing past participants together, and fosters a healthy sustainable community centered on the prize. The Zayed Future Energy Prize has a distinct blend of innovation, entrepreneurial mindset, and collaboration, and we believe it will soon become the center of gravity for innovations in the world of renewable energy and sustainability,” explained Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Director General of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
The first group of innovators listed is from the 2010 shortlisted candidates. With 40 entities featured, the new hub provides an opportunity for innovators and entrepreneurs to connect around new technologies, projects and big ideas, and engage directly with the marketplace. Peer-to-peer communication opens the door to close collaboration and partnership opportunities, which in turn leads to a robust ecosystem for innovation.
“Innovation goes hand in hand with entrepreneurship. It means seizing new opportunities. It means harnessing solutions that can address the pressing global energy and climate issues that we face today. Entrepreneurship allows innovators to understand the market value and impact of their technologies and solutions. Essentially, our hub is about bringing together people with big ideas and people who can make them happen, which can help create a climate where businesses can thrive,” added Dr. Al Jaber.
The hub will serve primarily as an information and reference resource for the renewable energy community by providing a comprehensive directory of SMEs, NGOs, corporations and entrepreneurs all over the world that participated in the prize.
The hub seeks to promote open information sharing and collaboration among all participants. The aim is to pull together the best tools, practices, and content in the renewable energy innovation space.
- Does this spell the end for the tax haven dream? Crisis looms for the GCC as the rich Gulf could be in financial jeopardy
- Saudi Oil Chief spills! Shoots down conspiracy theories on oil prices
- Oil prices: the honeymoon is over
- Betting on the counterintuitive? Understanding Saudi Arabia's logic, or lack thereof, behind not cutting oil output
- Oil markets downward spiral 'unbriddled'
- World Future Energy Summit 2012 to focus on role of innovation
- GE and Saudi Aramco Launch Global Innovation Challenge to Find Renewable Energy Solutions
- Siemens to present innovative solutions at the World Future Energy Summit 2011
- SWPF 2010: Saudi Arabia Strategy to become a global leader in power, water and renewable energy