Dubai Airport Freezone records 63 % increase in sales for first half of 2010
Dubai Airport Freezone has recorded a robust increase of 63 per cent in its sales in the first six months of 2010 compared to the first half of the previous year- 2009. It has also witnessed remarkable 80 per cent increase in number of companies who have doubled their investments in the same period with 64% jump in office space leased. The operating profits recorded 11 per cent above target.
"The results of the first six months recorded by Dubai Airport Freezone is an evidence of the healthy business environment in Dubai in particular and the UAE in general. It also shows the interest of international companies to establish their operations in the country." said Sheikh Ahmed Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Dubai Airport Freezone.
"Dubai Airport Freezone houses a large number of multinational companies and is in continuous growth as revealed in the on-going increase in the percentage of office space leased and the number of companies doubling their investments." added Sheikh Ahmed.
"The strategic location, the unmatched facilities, the customer focus and the quality services have led Dubai Airport Freezone to emerge as the top economic zone in the region."
"We are very much aware of the fact that the international investments are considered to be an essential factor in the growth and development of global and national economies, therefore we will continue to improve the investment environment and create strategic partnership with foreign investors."
"The increase in number of American and European companies in the first six months by 50 per cent compared to last year is an evidence of the innovative services and unmatched facilities Dubai Airport Freezone renders to its clients," said Sheikh Ahmed.
The Chairman commented, "This achievement will further encourage us to do more for our international clients in terms of the quality of services and the facilities we provide," added Sheikh Ahmed.
Dubai Airport Freezone has been named the Best Freezone in the Middle East region and the Second Best in the world by the premier Foreign Direct Investment (fdi) magazine of Financial Times. Apart from this award, Dubai Airport Freezone also won the Second Place in "Best Transport Links" in the world.
"This milestone was made possible by the seamless support of H.H. Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and the Ruler of Dubai, and the sincere cooperation of our strategic partners and employees at the Freezone," Sheikh Ahmed added.
To meet the needs of its customers, Dubai Airport Freezone has introduced new services this year. Amongst these, the inauguration of Noor Islamic Bank and launching of Medical Fitness Centre in collaboration with Dubai Health Authority. Dubai Airport Freezone has also acquired an ISO certification. "The Freezone is up to its planned project of completing a new office complex with all new facilities including a business centre and food outlet, which will certainly offer a more convenient service to our tenants."
- There's no blaming 'outside forces' this time: Al-Assad loses supporters over $50 million glitzy mall investment
- From concerts to Formula One: UAE's top earners choose to spend on 'life-enriching' experiences
- Which Middle Eastern designers will make it to fashion show on top of the Eiffel tower?
- Gold's Gym: a gold rush for the ME's exercising appetite?
- Talk about 'diversification': Oman aims to become a primary destination for Indian weddings
- Dubai Airport flies high again: Freezone Authority revenues up 42 percent
- Dubai Airport Freezone: Major european cosmetics & perfumes distributor sets up AED11 million facility
- Dubai Airport Freezone Company Honored with a Prestigious Award
- HAAS MENA-India Joins Forces With Airbus Parts Distribution In Dubai Airport Freezone
- Contracts landed by Dubai Airport Freezone based Mitsubishi Middle East exceed AED 552 billion