It's getting hot in here: Middle Easterners getting naked for a cause
In a region traditionally thought of as conservative when it comes to revealing glimpses of the female form, women are increasingly getting their kit off. Today we take a look at the ladies who have bared it all for fun, self-promotion and protest.
Nadia Bo Siteh flashed her assets to promote her new film, much to the chagrin of many Tunisians; while in Egypt Alia Al-Mahdi’s nude stand against sexual violence provoked both applause and anger.
Lebanese lovely Reema Fakeh was lucky not to be stripped of her U.S. beauty pageant crown after photos emerged of the naughty nancy showing off her pole dancing skills. While Iranian activist Mariam Namazie refused to let her conservative country stand in the way of her naked ambitions.
Perhaps most bizarrely of all, Lebanese anchorwoman Ahood shocked viewers when she trailed a businessman to a nudist beach in France for an interview, which was conducted completely naked. Now that’s dedication to the story!
Get ready for the naked truth as we hit you with the shocking, scandalous and saucy stories of our favorite famous stripped off ladies. Continue reading below »
Have your say! Are you shocked by these Arab merchants of scandal and vice? Are you disgraced or disappointed by Muslims unveiling a little too much? Or do you think the shame should be reserved for a society so easily scandalized?
- Singers-turned-brands: Arab celebs get on the self promotion trail
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- It's getting hot in here! Hollywood hunk Vin Diesel shirtless in Morocco's Sahara desert
- The naked truth: Why Muslims should 'buck' the stripping trend and keep their veils on
- Parisian protests: France gets on the Egypt bandwagon