A-Listers do the Emirates: Your guide to the UAE's star-studded Fall music fest
Even though the UAE has some strict Islamic laws governing daily life in the Emirates, Western celebrities can’t seem to keep away from the Gulf, fast turning into celeb-central. Regulars on the beaches of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, now some of our favorite music acts are returning to the UAE - to hit up the the stage, not the sands!
Cosmopolitan cities and luxurious lifestyle, it’s no wonder Western stars love the UAE. Bulging paychecks at the ready to sweeten the deal, Dubai and Abu Dhabi are drawing in the bigdogs such as Jay Z and Rihanna. Continue reading below »
With Dubai Music Week upon us, headlined by will.i.am and with performances by Selena Gomez and Timbaland, it looks like the Gulf is at the forefront of this season’s musical buzz. With huge events on the horizon, such as Abu Dhabi's spin off from the UK rave festival Creamfields, some of music's biggest names are flocking to the Middle East and flaunting their talent.
- Deja-vu? Arab stars and their Western look-a-likes
- No time for holiday boredom: Eid concerts to tide you over the Adha routine!
- Washed-up Western stars find their salvation on Dubai's shores
- Last of the summer music: stars rocking Roman ruins across the Middle East
- Diva tantrums, AWOL contestants and ‘bad hijabis’: Mideast’s talent show stars