Nobel Laureates Gallery 2011, includes Arab & Israeli victors
An introduction, or a reminder, of who's who in this year's winner line-up for the Nobel Prizes, 2011, across all categories.
Regionally, the prize that created the biggest stir in the climate of Arab Spring and the fight for woman's rights was nabbed by Arabia's very own Chammpion of Peace, journalist Tawakkul Karmen, the Yemeni lady and mother no less. The chemistry category could have proved 'combustive' in its prized Israeli winner, given the Arab in the winners draw, but the spirit of the occasion, not to mention the Peace Prize principle, ensured that all stayed on best behavior. Continue reading below »
Karmen shared the priviliged prize with three peer-winners in the Peace prize category, for her tireless works as leading activist in Yemen's unfinished saga of revolution. The Peace prize was given across the board for recognition of women who spearheaded non-violent campaigns to defend the right of women to advance and bolster peace around the world.
The nominees for this year’s Peace Nobel are believed to have numbered some 240 and included WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, whose followers in Arab countries 'oiled the wheels of the Arab Spring'. Assange did not come up trumps on this honorable esteemed occasion.
- Take that Bill Maher! Islam kicks ass with 11 Muslim Nobel Laureates!
- Yemen Nobel peace prize winner dedicates it to Arab Spring activists
- Arab Women of the Year 2011!- Honorable and Dishonorable Mentions
- AUC’s Cairo review of global affairs Features special report on “Arab Revolution”
- Bereaved Israelis Spearhead Fight for Peace