Where would we be without Muslims? 10 things the West should say Alhamdulillah for
Whether our widely shared habit of drinking coffee in the morning, brushing our teeth after eating or enjoying a calm afternoon in an English garden, we owe many of today’s habits to Muslim inventions of the Islamic golden age.
Benefitting from the knowledge they inherited from the Greco-Roman antiquity, India, Persia and China, Muslim scientists developed existing knowledge further and made new revolutionary discoveries. Through their innovative work, they contributed to an ever developing corpus of knowledge that subsequently spread to Europe and other parts of the world, shaping the way we live today.
- Saudi as world human rights watch? Now they accuse Myanmar of 'ethnic cleansing'
- Activists try to cut Egypt-Myanmar relations after Muslim massacre
- Halal hookers... What the?
- Chirac calls for immediate Iraqi self rule, says Saddam should have been toppled ''without a war''
- Why don't men cover their faces? A Yemeni woman questions the unquestionable