Is it game over for David Moyes at Man Utd?
Manchester United lost their 8th match of the Premier League season this past weekend, and with it, the possibility of missing out on Champions League football next season. Though there is still plenty of time left in the season to climb the table, many are beginning to wonder if Manchester United will be able to overcome the likes of Liverpool, Everton, and Tottenham to get back into the mix for Champions League qualification.
Liverpool currently sit seven points ahead of United in fourth place with Everton and Tottenham five and four points ahead of United respectively. Can Moyes lift his squad's spirits and get them back in European contention?
This weekend's loss to Stoke City has been described by some fans as the tipping point. With Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, and Juan Mata all in the starting lineup, United were unable win at the Britannia and left Stoke with another 2-1 loss. The loss sparked massive debate amongst United fans everywhere and the guys over at Full Time Devils have taken to the cameras to discuss the pros and cons of keeping Moyes around.
Do you think Moyes has had enough time? Or do you think he's just not cut out for this sort of job? Have your say below.
- English Premier League: Week one fixtures
- Kompany expects more teams to compete for Premier League title
- Moyes insists Man Utd's poor results made him more determined
- Man Utd's Kagawa frustrated at being left out by Moyes
- Moyes slams Man Utd players for 'schoolboy defending' following Champions League exit