Arsenal's Andre Santos handed 12 month driving ban for over speeding
The Brazilian international weaved in and out of rush-hour traffic on the A1 dual carriageway and M25 motorway in his 110,000 pound worth Maserati GranTurismo super car on August 17, as he travelled to the club's London Colney training ground.
The magistrates heard that Santos repeatedly failed to stop despite being chased for some considerable time by a marked police car with sirens and blue flashing lights.
According to the Daily Mail, when the full back was eventually arrested yards from the training ground in Hertfordshire, he told officers his blaring music had prevented him spotting them.
Santos denied a charge of dangerous driving but admitted the lesser charge driving without due care and attention when he appeared at Hendon Magistrates Court on Friday, and the more serious dangerous driving charge was subsequently dropped. (ANI)
- Neymar booed by fans during last game for Santos
- Brazilian football club signs Michael Jackson to play alongside John Lennon, Mahatma Gandhi!
- Manchester City start talks with Santos to sign £32m superstar Neymar
- Man City try to lure Neymar with a 'name-your-price offer'
- John Terry requests personal hearing to clear name over racial abuse