Bale drops strong hints confirming stay at Tottenham
Tottenham Hotspurs winger Gareth Bale has reportedly dropped hints that he will continue at the club for the next season under a new contract as he vowed to lead Spurs back into the Champions League next season.
Bale's pledge comes amid reports that Manchester United and Real Madrid are eyeing him following his success as the double player of the year, the Mirror reports.
Bale confidently said that the players at Spurs need to regroup and try for the Champions League once more after they were beaten by their arch-rivals Arsenal on the final day of the season.
Bale also admitted that he along with his fans is disappointed that Spurs could not qualify for European football's No.1 club competition next season, adding that though he scored 31 goals this season their struggle as a team was not enough for the Champions League but they will put up a second chance to win the Champions Trophy.
Stating that the Spurs will learn much from their failure, Bale said that the players at Spurs form a young squad and are ready to win more trophies in the future. (ANI)
- Tottenham confident Bale will stay on at 170,000 pounds-a week deal
- Bale to sign 150,000 pound a week contract to stay with Tottenham
- Bale considering move to Man Utd despite Tottenham's refusal
- Bale to stay at Tottenham regardless of Champions League success?
- Villas-Boas insists Tottenham is no one-man Bale team