Barcelona star Messi inspires Murray ahead of Wimbledon final
Andy Murray, who would be looking to create history on Sunday by becoming the first British tennis star to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936, would use Barcelona star Lionel Messi as inspiration during his clash against six-time champion Roger Federer on Centre Court.
Murray was paying homage to Barcelona star Messi in his semi-final victory ritual, according to reports.
Football-mad Murray, an avid Barcelona fan, has revealed his admiration for the Argentinean star, and said if given a chance to become any other footballer, he would like to be Messi.
Sports psychologist Dr Victor Thompson, who has more than 20 years' -professional experience, believes it's a good gesture if Murray wants to learn from Messi.
"It's good to learn about other champions in any sport and what they do, no -matter what the sport. The link with Messi is -interesting - he probably gains something from it," The Daily Mirror quoted Thompson, as saying.
Meanwhile, Murray has said he would fight as hard as he can during his match against Federer.
"I am ready. I will fight as hard as I can," Murray said. (ANI)
- Murray looks at Bolt for inspiration in Olympics
- Andy Murray considers Fuentes doping case verdict as 'biggest cover-up in sports history'
- Murray's hometown of Dunblane erupts in joy following Wimbledon victory
- Federer: My best tennis is just around the corner
- Andy Murray becomes five star hotel owner