Beckham to pocket £20m from 5-yr Sky Sports deal
Football icon David Beckham will reportedly get a massive 20 million pounds for his five-year contract with Sky Sports in his role as a sports ambassador to inspire and coach young, aspiring footballers.
Under the contract, the former England captain will receive more than four million pounds each year, the Daily Star reports.
Beckham has said that Sky has contributed much for encouraging sports in Britain and he is overwhelmed by the opportunity to be a part of the sports-oriented television programme.
According to the report, Beckham is set to appear in big sports events on the Sky television shows to promote Sky's efforts of developing sports in Britain.
Beckham's wealth from his sponsorship agreements with Armani, Samsung and Diet Coke total up his earnings to 200 million pounds, the report added. (ANI)
- Beckham set to land £20m deal to become 'poster boy' of Qatar 2022 World Cup
- Beckham finally agrees to donate £3.4m PSG salary to charity
- Beckham's gesture to donate his PSG salary probed by French taxmen
- LeBron James considering launching MLS franchise with Beckham
- LA Galaxy's star Beckham sports 'pink' boots