Benitez: Chelsea still alive in PL title race despite 7 point difference with Man Utd
Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has said Chelsea is still alive in the Premier League title race despite a seven-point difference from Manchester United, who are sitting at the top of the table following their draw against Fulham on Wednesday.
"Everybody here is disappointed. We have to give credit to Fulham, who worked hard, but these are the games we have to win. We controlled the game but we still have to score goals," the Daily Mail quoted Benitez, as saying.
But Benitez insisted Chelsea had the quality to overhaul United and Manchester City, who both won again.
"Why can't we?. It's still a long way to go. We have to keep going. We'll have chances. 'Remember last season when City were ahead and it was "easy". Then they needed to win their last game. It's a long, long competition," Benitez said.
"The main thing is to win games. If we do, we'll be there and we can win competitions. We need to start doing that and the confidence will come back," he added. (ANI)
- Benitez warns Manchester clubs of Chelsea's Premier League title charge
- Benitez praises Chelsea's 'great season'
- Man City boss Mancini still hoping for PL title after win against Chelsea
- Chelsea interim manager Benitez fears axe after 3 games in charge
- Benitez wants Chelsea midfielders to create more chances for Torres