Benitez warns Manchester clubs of Chelsea's Premier League title charge
Chelsea interim manager Rafael Benitez has warned Manchester United and Manchester City of their Premier League title charge, saying the Blues are still in the hunt following their resounding 8-0 win over Aston Villa.
Benitez has refused to rule out overhauling the 11-point gap separating the Blues and leaders United, the Daily Mirror reports.
When asked if he will tell his players they can still win the league, Benitez said that they will see after two or three more games, and added that the team has confidence in themselves.
Benitez said if Chelsea wins two or three games on the trot then they could post a serious challenge for domestic glory. (ANI)
- Chelsea manager Benitez admits Lampard, Cole likely to leave at end of season
- Man City boss Mancini still hoping for PL title after win against Chelsea
- Chelsea interim manager Benitez fears axe after 3 games in charge
- Chelsea warns Benitez 'secure top four PL finish, or perish'
- Benitez: Chelsea still alive in PL title race despite 7 point difference with Man Utd