Evra: England did a Chelsea to ensure draw in Euros
French full back Patrice Evra has claimed England's performance during their 1-1 draw against France on Monday in a Group D encounter in the Euro 2012 was reminiscent of Chelsea's defensive performance against Barcelona during the Champions League semi-final.
Evra admitted the team has been left frustrated by England's rear guard tactics, and thought they deserved more than a draw.
"I think we played much better than England, but in the end it was a draw and we are a bit frustrated," The BBC quoted Evra, as saying.
"They played in the way that Chelsea played against Barcelona," he added.
Joleon Lescott gave England the lead but his Manchester City teammate Samir Nasri equalized to ensure both teams take a point into their second games in Group D.
"At times it was like there were 15 bodies on the pitch," Evra said.
"People laugh and maybe they want England to play more football, but if they win the tournament playing like that, they will be happy," he added. (ANI)
- Evra tells teammates to show Man Utd's 'real face' again
- Evra believes Stoke City win crucial for Man Utd's PL title chances
- Video: Evra's outrageous antics anger French fans ahead of Euro 2012
- Evra says Rooney not getting enough credit since Van Persie's Arrival
- Hodgson issues warning to England team players