Evra believes Stoke City win crucial for Man Utd's PL title chances
Despite their 12-point lead over Roberto Mancini's team at the top of the table, United still require 10 points from their remaining seven games to confirm the title and face a testing fixture list before the end of the campaign, the Telegraph reports.
Admitting that it has become necessary to remove any doubts over United's title prospects by claiming all three points this weekend, Evra said that it is necessary for his team to win against Stoke City, adding that since his arrival in United, the club has never lost two league games in a row.
Evra further said that his side must make sure that they win at Stoke to show that they are the best team in England, although he said that it is tough for the club to uphold the position of being the front-runner in the title race.
According to Evra, they are still 12 points clear in the race, which indicates that the Premier League is not an impossible dream for them yet, adding that his side deserved to be top dogs because they worked hard to get to that level.
However, Evra expressed his disappointment at losing to City as they missed the chance to end the title race and lost the derby, adding that for a United player, losing any game to City is painful. (ANI)
- Evra believes Ferguson will sack everyone if Man Utd were to lose PL title like last season
- Mancini claims PL title race still alive despite Man Utd's seven-point lead
- Mancini: Man City need to win remaining 10 games to stand any chance of retaining PL title
- Toure believes Ferguson's Man Utd exit could boost City's PL title chances
- Evra says Man Utd remain superior to neighbours Man City