Evra says Man Utd remain superior to neighbours Man City
Manchester United defender Patrice Evra has claimed they would always stay superior to bitter rivals Manchester City despite Roberto Mancini's men winning the Premier League last season on a dramatic final day.
"There is not really a rivalry between the two clubs, as United have always been superior to City," the Sun quoted Evra, as saying.
"We have always been Manchester's first club. The fact that they won the title last season changes nothing," he added.
Those words should ensure a white-hot atmosphere at the Etihad Stadium on December 9 when City hosts United for the first Manchester derby of the season.
The Manchester titans look like they will be slugging it out for the title again, with United leading the Premier League by two points from their rivals . (ANI)
- Evra believes Stoke City win crucial for Man Utd's PL title chances
- Evra believes Man Utd learning lessons from last season's mistakes
- Evra believes Ferguson will sack everyone if Man Utd were to lose PL title like last season
- Man City's Aguero ready to fight Man Utd like last season
- Mancini sure Man City will clinch PL title next season after win over United