Ferguson met Guardiola again in New York!
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson once again met Pep Guardiola in New York this week, sparking rumour that the former Barcelona manager might be ready to take over from him at Old Trafford next season.
Ferguson flew out to the Big Apple with wife Cathy for a pre-Christmas break, but he also arranged to meet Guardiola, as he is understood to have done twice before, in the American city where both men have apartments.
It is not clear whether the United boss, who turns 71 on New Year's Eve, will extend his 26-year reign beyond this season, the Sun reports.
Guardiola is available and the Old Trafford job is his No 1 target ahead of Bayern Munich and Chelsea.
The Spaniard is United's preferred option ahead of Jose Mourinho but Everton boss David Moyes is also heavily favoured by Ferguson and the board.
Guardiola quit Barca at the end of last season after winning three Spanish titles and two Champions Leagues, both at the expense of United in the final. (ANI)
- Guardiola wants to succeed Ferguson as next Man Utd manager
- Guardiola ready for Premier League return after sabbatical
- Guardiola to snub Man City for rivals Man Utd
- Ferguson nominates Mourinho & Guardiola after hinting at two more years as Man Utd boss
- Ferguson believes Moyes right man to replace him at Man Utd