Hamilton promises fans F1 glory this season
Hamilton promises fans F1 glory again this season
Mercedes ace Lewis Hamilton has promised his fans that he can win the Formula One title again this season, allaying fears that his swap to Mercedes after 14 years at McLaren would be a setback in his bid for Formula 1 glory.
Dismissing those speculations, the 2009 champion expressed his confidence of winning the title for his new team Mercedes again this season, adding that his team has some upgrades and improvements in the pipeline, the Daily Star reports.
Hamilton, who has a three year, 60 million dollar-deal with the German giants, said that he has overcome his troubled, penalty-hit spells of last year, adding that he is confident that Mercedes will continue to be a front-runner in this year's race.
The report mentioned that the British racing ace has been on the podium twice in three races and grabbed a pole position to underline his team's potential and stands third in the title chase.
Former teammate Jenson Button is floundering in tenth place in the championship in a McLaren well off the pace, the report added. (ANI)
- Mercedes, Pirelli to face tribunal hearing over F1 'secret' tyre test
- Too early to consider Hamilton great, says ex- F1 champ
- Abu Dhabi F1 Grand Prix draws record 60,000 people
- UIM F1 Powerboat World Championship contender Thani Al Qamzi to attend Summer in Abu Dhabi opening day UAE speedboat champ to add glamour to first-of
- Philips Shavers and AT&T Williams. Getting you closer to F1.