Jordan's Nashama secure valuable 2-1 win over Australia
Jordan's "Nashama" stunned the Socceroos with a massive defense and attack performance, clinching a victory that put the national team in the second place with four points after Japan in Group B.
Jordan waited for the second half of the clash to open the scoring courtesy with Hassan Abdul Fatah's penalty goal in the 54th minute. Jordan's strikers did not cease their attempts to double the score and that what happened when playmaker Amer Deeb scored the winner in the 71st minute.
The Socceroos's attempts to come back in the game culminated in a goal five minutes before the match ends but Jordan got the mission accomplished at the end.
President of the Jordan Football Federation and FIFA Vice President, Prince Ali Bin al-Hussein, attended the match.
After the loss, Australia remains tied with Iraq and Oman on two points.
- Lebanon gain momentum ahead of WC qualifiers with decent result
- Video: Jordan qualify for Asian Cup 2015 after win over Singapore
- Sense of optimism that something can be done in the Arab world
- Oman clinch 2-1 win over Jordan in World Cup qualifiers
- Iraq clinch important 1-0 win over Jordan in World Cup qualifiers