Man City stars interact the most with fans on Twitter
City may currently lie second in the real table but champions Manchester City have topped the Twitter Premier League, the Daily Mirror reports.
Twitter worked out its own league table by analysing the use of team hashtags, follower numbers for sides and their players and the engagement of fans with the content that clubs were putting on the site, it further reported.
Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspurs, Liverpool and Arsenal rounded out the top five with Manchester United trailing down in 11th and Swansea and Wigan propping up the rest, the paper said.
Lewis Wiltshire, head of sport at Twitter, said over the past twelve months they had seen some great footballing moments on Twitter like Eden Hazard announcing his transfer to Chelsea on the platform, and news of Mark Hughes' departure and Harry Redknapp's appointment at QPR was broken first by the club's Twitter feed. (ANI)
- Haifa most popular on Twitter
- Colin Firth to interact with public at 'In Conversation' session at DIFF 2010
- Top 10 most followed footballers on Twitter
- Ragheb Alama sure loves his mum, but his fans aren't feeling so warm & fuzzy about his Paris vacay
- Former Man City star: Mancini could emulate Ferguson's amazing feats