Man Utd's Rooney insists he is a forward, not midfielder
Rooney is determined to discuss his future with incoming United manager David Moyes even as Arsenal, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) are eyeing the striker, the Mirror reports.
Rooney said that he might consider playing in the midfield in the future but his immediate focus is on making more goals as a centre- forward.
Rooney had also said that he has played up front a few times for United as he is very comfortable playing the role, adding that he has gained experience at playing as a target man and helping the team out by holding the ball up and waiting for support.
Although Rooney has denied speculations about his transfer request from United, he fears that being played out of position and being regularly replaced during matches might result in forcing him out of Old Trafford, the report added. (ANI)
- Moyes insists Man Utd's poor results made him more determined
- Herrera: Man Utd have the three best strikers in the world
- Rooney believes partnership with Van Persie at Man Utd 'can only get better'
- Rooney to tell Moyes he wants to stay at Man Utd
- Eight potential midfield targets to solve Man Utd's problems