Mourinho set for Chelsea return without taking Ronaldo along
The Special One was keen to take Real's Portuguese star to Stamford Bridge but president Florentino Perez, fuming about Friday's Spanish Cup Final defeat by Atletico Madrid, is adamant that Ronaldo is going nowhere, the Mirror reports.
The report further said that Perez is said to be angry about the end to a trophy-less campaign for the Bernabeu giants and is happy to send off Mourinho to Chelsea, adding that the Portuguese may have to partially buy himself out of his Real deal when negotiations between his agent Jorge Mendes and Perez resume.
The report also mentioned that Perez's decision is set to disappoint Premier League champions Manchester United, who were hoping to tempt Ronaldo into an Old Trafford return and even been in talks with their in-coming shirt sponsors General Motors to fund the player's 55 million-pound transfer fee and 10 million-pound salary.
Ronaldo was sent off in extra-time of the Copa del Rey clash with Atletico, after Mourinho had been sent to the stands after clashing with the referee, the report added. (ANI)
- Mourinho brands Ronaldo as 'know-it-all, bighead'
- Man Utd calls on Chevrolet for funding £55m Ronaldo return
- Ronaldo's 'heart' with Man Utd despite Chelsea plotting shock £60m bid for Real star
- Drogba thanks Mourinho for making him one of the best
- Mourinho told Klopp about next season's return to Chelsea