Murray withdraws from French Open due to injury
Andy Murray will miss the French Open with the back injury he picked up at the Rome Masters, the world number two announced on Tuesday.
After meeting with medical specialists Murray has decided to skip the second Grand Slam of the year at Roland Garros to ensure he is fully fit for Wimbledon.
"It's a really tough decision and I love playing in Paris, but after seeking medical advice, I am not fit to compete," Murray explained in a statement to Britain's Press Association.
- Murray likely to miss French Open due to injury
- Ferguson: Watching Murray at Wimbledon 'more emotionally involving' than Man Utd
- Murray looking forward to start Wimbledon title defence post French Open semifinal loss
- Murray beats Verdasco to advance to French Open quarterfinals
- Murray 'mutually agreed' to split with coach Lendl