Navas thrilled to work with Pellegrini at Man City
New Manchester City signing Jesus Navas insists he cannot wait to start working with boss Manuel Pellegrini.
City confirmed on Friday that Pellegrini had signed a three-year contract to replace Roberto Mancini, who was sacked just a year after guiding City to their first league title since 1968.
The club have also made their intentions clear in the transfer market, spending over €59 million to acquire Navas and Fernandinho from Shakhtar Donetsk, and the Spaniard is excited about the new season.
“Everything I know about him is positive. Every team he coaches plays well, and everyone in the city will support him,” Navas told the club's official website.
“He's important because he will help the team and we all know the importance of a good manager and a good person that we trust.
“I think [his teams are good] defensively as well.”
- Man City to dismiss Mancini and bring in Pellegrini
- Mancini believes Man city lagging behind big European clubs
- Mancini 'not worried' about Man City future
- Mancini fears Pellegrini may replace him at Man City despite possible FA Cup win
- Pellegrini: Man City should replace me if they want to change style of play