Ronaldo believes in Portugal's chances after Mourinho pep-talk
'Frustrated' Ronaldo believes Portugal still has chance after pep talk with Mourinho
Click here to add Cristiano Ronaldo as an alert
Disable alert for Cristiano Ronaldo,
Click here to add Jose Mourinho as an alert
Disable alert for Jose Mourinho,
Click here to add Mesut Özil as an alert
Disable alert for Mesut Özil,
Click here to add Real Madrid as an alert
Disable alert for Real Madrid
Ronaldo said he was left frustrated after the game, as he believes Portugal at least deserved a draw from the game.
"I have spoken to Mourinho and he told me we must trust in ourselves for the next two games and believe we can still go through," The Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
"Even my Real team-mate Mesut Ozil, who played for Germany, said we have a great team and have become very difficult to beat. I'm very frustrated, as we deserved at least a draw. But we can still reach the quarter-finals," he added.
"In Euro 2004 we lost the opening game and reached the final. We must remember that," he said. (ANI)
- Mertesacker begins mind games: Ronaldo holds no threat to Germany
- Ronaldo can emulate Giggs & Scholes, says Mourinho
- Chelsea boss Mourinho admits there is still work to do after Real Madrid loss
- Ronaldo's future at Real Madrid under the microscope
- Mourinho claims Ballon d'Or winner has already been decided