Rooney says Van Persie easiest player to 'wind up' at Man Utd
Rooney, who has been identified by midfielder Tom Cleverley as one of United's biggest pranksters, joked that although Van Persie has made fools of defences all season, he loses his sharpness off the pitch which makes him an easy target, the Mirror reports.
According to Claverly, Rooney is the biggest prankster in the United dressing room, although he added that his teammates Rio Ferdinand, Anderson and Danny Welbeck are not far behind Rooney in this area.
Van Persie, who joined United for 24 million pounds from Arsenal last summer, has plundered 23 goals in all competitions this season, the report added. (ANI)
- Moyes to keep Rooney as 'substitute' at Man Utd
- Ferguson considers Van Persie, not Rooney Man Utd's main striker
- Rooney says Van Persie's arrival at Man U would be perfect
- Rooney believes partnership with Van Persie at Man Utd 'can only get better'
- Evra says Rooney not getting enough credit since Van Persie's Arrival