Vidic's Man Utd future in doubt as Barcelona, Juventus show interest
Both clubs have indicated their interest in the big Serb defender and will monitor his situation between now and the end of the season, even though he is currently out of action following knee surgery.
Barca are looking forward to spending around 12 million pounds on the defender, while Juve's pot will be closer to 16 million pounds.
Vidic will have one year left to run on his current deal come the end of the season and is unlikely to make a decision on his future until then, the Daily Mirror reports.
United, who fought off interest from Real Madrid two years ago, must decide whether to offer 30-year-old Vidic, who is likely to be out of action for another seven weeks, a contract extension, the report said.
Barcelona are on the lookout for a long-term replacement for Carles Puyol, while Juventus are desperate to add more experience to their back line, it added. (ANI)
- Vidic injury leaves Ferguson in defensive crisis
- Man Utd players want Ferguson to lift Premier League trophy instead of captain Vidic
- Manchester United rival Barcelona for Valencia star Jordi Alba
- Zidane: Tottenham's £60m price-tag on Bale won't stop Real Madrid
- Barcelona might use Sanchez to reel in Man City's Kompany