Wenger annoyed with fans following 'You don't know what you're doing' chants
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is annoyed with club fans after some travelling supporters chanted, "You don't know what you're doing" when the gaffer brought on defensive midfielder Francis Coquelin for centre-forward Olivier Giroud in the dying stages of their match against Aston Villa on Saturday.
In a corridor at Villa Park, after his spiky press conference, Wenger snapped it was "absolutely ridiculous" for the press to even ask about the chants.
That song clearly upsets him as he got equally annoyed when it was sung after he subbed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for Andrey Arshavin when Arsenal lost to Manchester United in January.
"I only managed 1600 games and 200 Champions League games, so I'm a bit lucky," the Daily Mirror quoted Wenger, as saying, sarcastically, still incredulous that his management should even be questioned.
Jack Wilshere, left on the bench, would not have got booed if he had come on rather than Coquelin, as the Gunners were crying out for his invention and class.
But what those fans did not know was that Wilshere was carrying a knock, the inflammation of scar tissue on the ankle injury, which kept him out for 15 months and should not really have even been on the bench. (ANI)
- Following his successful Morocco concert Enrique Iglesias talks success, being a "commodity" and retirement!
- Wenger: Giroud has everything a centre-forward needs in England
- Everything you ever wanted to know about Nicky Minaj ahead of Dubai debut
- Oh my Allah! Lindsay Lohan spotted with the Quran... you know that means NO alcohol Lilo!
- Q&A: Palestinian-American UFC Fighter Ramsey Nijem