Ferrari 458 Italia wins car Middle East’s “car of the year 2010”
The award-winning Ferrari 458 Italia has taken another international prize, winning the coveted title of "Car of the Year 2010" and "Supercar of the Year 2010" from Car Middle East magazine, one of the most respected automotive monthly magazines in the region.
'Ferrari's 458 Italia is one of the most instantly desirable Ferraris for many years. The fact that it is incredibly talented, and yet tame enough to be an everyday car, is a bonus.
This is currently one of the most desirable cars on the planet and a future classic for sure. It offers a stunning physique, exquisite detailing, pulverising performance, astonishing ride and handling and surprising usability.
It is the ultimate superhero car and managers to vanquish all-comers with frightening ease' said Shahzad Sheikh, the editorial director of Car Middle East.
Car Middle East magazine's "Car of the Year" and "Supercar of the Year" award follows on from a raft of other awards for the 458 Italia including Fifth Gear's "Fast Car of the Year", BBC Top Gear Magazine's "Supercar of the Year" and "Car of the Year", GQ Magazine's "Supercar of the Year", MSN Cars "Car of the Year", and Auto Express's "Performance Car of the Year".
The Ferrari 458 Italia was revealed at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2009 to immediate critical acclaim. Following an extensive international media test drive programme in Maranello, the home of the fabled Prancing Horse, the car has been the subject of enthusiastic reviews, with its handling, roadholding, ride comfort and performance all being subject to the kind of superlatives rarely seen from the world's leading journalists.
- The sky is the limit: GCC lack of airspace coordination threatens Dubai's aviation aspirations
- Not just the Suez Canal: another massive infrastructure project coming to Egypt
- The domino effect: how Dubai's tram can revolutionize the real estate sector
- The 'death trip': an inside look into the perilious business of getting Syrian refugees to Europe
- 'Sensitive assets': how ports are advancing the GCC's strategic interests
- Ahli United Bank named ‘Bank of The Year Bahrain 2008’ by the Banker magazine
- Volkswagen Middle East announces growth in the automotive market share in 2009
- Trophy cars: Jaguar Land Rover MENA win 17 automotive awards in 2013
- Gulf International Bank wins 'Best Investment Bank' award from Banker Middle East
- Time Out magazine to launch Dubai edition