Grand SUV performance: Mercedes-Benz ML and GL sales up more than 70% in Q3
The Mercedes-Benz ML and GL Grand Editions SUVs are celebrating a successful performance in October with sales up 74% on third quarter sales. The successful results for the Grand Editions were in line with the German manufacturer's predictions of increasing its SUV market share.
Total sales for Mercedes Middle East & Levant further increased in October compared to the same month last year, with Saudi Arabia up 20%, Abu Dhabi witnessing a 19% increase, Dubai up 15% and Kuwait rose by 13%.
The ML and GL Grand Editions, valued at AED 215,000 and AED 299,000 respectively, have been well received and generated positive momentum for the company in the SUV category.
The E-Class, S-Class and C-Class models contributed positively to the October results, with the E-Class strengthening its leadership position in the luxury full-size sedan segment with a 17% increase year to date versus the previous year.
Available with an AMG sports package, the S-Class and C-Class models continue to prove extremely popular and contributed to the successful results.
"This is an extremely positive result for the ML and GL Grand Editions which we had anticipated would help drive our market share within the SUV segment. Whilst, as suspected, the E-Class continues to dominate and has become a key performer across the region," said Frank Bernthaler, Director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
The regional sales echo the global performance with worldwide sales for the third quarter up 23%year to date compared to the same period last year with 475,110 vehicles sold.
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Qatar Airways increases its stake in British Airways' International Airlines Group to 20 percent
- Boeing predicts 58,000 new pilots needed in Middle East within 20 years
- UAE and China reach for the stars with MOU on outer space research
- United Airlines to end Washington-Dubai route: a case of sour grapes?
- A generation ahead: the new Mercedes-Benz ML unveiled at the 2012 Qatar International Motor Show
- Mercedes-Benz sales strong following powerful Q1 performances
- Powerful new M-Class launch ignites ‘Year of the SUV’ for Mercedes-Benz
- Grand Prize: The new Mercedes-Benz C-Class for a month
- Three new cars from the three pointed star at DIMS 2011