Queen Alia International Airport welcomed more than half-million passengers in July
Airport International Group, the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) announced the traffic performance for the month of July. QAIA registered growth in July's traffic performance with 597,068 passengers, compared to 524,626 passengers in July 2009, translating into a 13.8% year-over-year increase. Aircraft movement reported an 8.1% growth with 6,134 aircraft movements in July 2010 compared to 5,673 in July 2009.
Also, July 2010 cargo registered a significant increase by 24.6% with 8,502 tonnes compared to 6,825 tonnes in July 2009. The summer and holiday seasons have significantly contributed to the increase in passenger volumes and aircraft movement during the month of July, adding the fact that Amman is steadily becoming a preferred regional hub for many airlines around the world.
- A whole new GDP: Dubai's aviation sector stands at $26.7 billion
- Upcoming aviation summit could put Iraq's $50 billion industry back on the map!
- The sky is the limit: GCC lack of airspace coordination threatens Dubai's aviation aspirations
- Not just the Suez Canal: another massive infrastructure project coming to Egypt
- The domino effect: how Dubai's tram can revolutionize the real estate sector
- Queen Alia International Airport Records more than half-million Passengers During August
- Airport International Group Welcomes Iberia’s First Flight to Queen Alia International Airport
- Queen Alia international airport posts record month
- Recording-breaking Traffic Continues at Queen Alia International Airport