Queen Alia International Airport welcomed more than half-million passengers in July
Airport International Group, the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) announced the traffic performance for the month of July. QAIA registered growth in July's traffic performance with 597,068 passengers, compared to 524,626 passengers in July 2009, translating into a 13.8% year-over-year increase. Aircraft movement reported an 8.1% growth with 6,134 aircraft movements in July 2010 compared to 5,673 in July 2009.
Also, July 2010 cargo registered a significant increase by 24.6% with 8,502 tonnes compared to 6,825 tonnes in July 2009. The summer and holiday seasons have significantly contributed to the increase in passenger volumes and aircraft movement during the month of July, adding the fact that Amman is steadily becoming a preferred regional hub for many airlines around the world.
- UAE Space Agency, Lockheed Martin ‘blast off’ with professional training program
- Qatar Airways increases its stake in British Airways' International Airlines Group to 20 percent
- Boeing predicts 58,000 new pilots needed in Middle East within 20 years
- UAE and China reach for the stars with MOU on outer space research
- United Airlines to end Washington-Dubai route: a case of sour grapes?
- Queen Alia International Airport Records more than half-million Passengers During August
- Airport International Group Welcomes Iberia’s First Flight to Queen Alia International Airport
- Queen Alia International Airport Reports 12.3% increase in Passengers during October
- Queen Alia International Airport Records 13.4% Passenger Growth in May 2010
- Queen Alia international airport posts record month