Queen Alia International Airport welcomed more than half-million passengers in July
Airport International Group, the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) announced the traffic performance for the month of July. QAIA registered growth in July's traffic performance with 597,068 passengers, compared to 524,626 passengers in July 2009, translating into a 13.8% year-over-year increase. Aircraft movement reported an 8.1% growth with 6,134 aircraft movements in July 2010 compared to 5,673 in July 2009.
Also, July 2010 cargo registered a significant increase by 24.6% with 8,502 tonnes compared to 6,825 tonnes in July 2009. The summer and holiday seasons have significantly contributed to the increase in passenger volumes and aircraft movement during the month of July, adding the fact that Amman is steadily becoming a preferred regional hub for many airlines around the world.
- Dubai plans for 25m visitors for World Expo 2020
- What is the GCC-wide rail project lacking? Apparently it's 'inspiration'
- Only 1% of Abu Dhabi population uses public transport
- Dubai tops public transportation affordability globally
- Can you believe GCC's aviation is set to outpace all counterpart sectors globally?!
- July records unprecedented traffic at Queen Alia International Airport
- Jordan's new state of the art airport already paying off
- Jordan's Queen Alia Airport passenger numbers taking off
- Airport International Group announces record breaking 3rd quarter traffic results
- Double digit passenger growth at Abu Dhabi International Airport