Yemen has child brides; UK has adolescent parents and youngest grandparents!
An unemployed man and his former girlfriend have become one of Britain's youngest grandparents after their 14-year-old daughter gave birth to a baby girl recently.
Shem Davies, 29, and his former girlfriend Kelly John, 30, were overjoyed when their daughter Tia, who was born when they were 15, gave birth to little Gracie earlier this month. Tia's boyfriend, Jordan Williams, is 15.
"It is an absolute joy to see Gracie thriving. I'm incredibly proud of Tia. She'll be a brilliant mum. At first I wasn't overly pleased that she was pregnant but I soon got over than. Now it's all about being positive," the Daily Mail quoted Davies as telling People magazine.
"I've got to know Jordan and he's shaping up to be a decent young man," he added.
Gracie was born weighed 2lb at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend.
Despite her young age, mother Tia said that she would not be happy if newborn Gracie became pregnant at 14 but that she would do as her mum did, which is respect her choice to have a child.
She also paid tribute to her mother, who was 15 when she was born, saying that she could not have wished for a better parent and role model adding that they have a very close relationship.
- Woman jailed for selling newborn baby in Dubai
- Police hunt for parents of prayer room Christmas miracle baby in UAE
- Four times the joy! Gaza woman gives birth to quadruplets hours before the Israel-Hamas ceasefire crumbles
- Man fines wife for giving birth to baby girl
- 'Playing with non-Muslims is haram', Oz Muslim father tells daughter