The iPhone, MacBook and iPad maker is looking for specialists for diverse roles such as store manager, operations manager, creative individuals, technicians, business development managers etc.
At present, Apple operates three stores across the UAE, which are located in Mall of the Emirates and The Dubai Mall in Dubai and Yas Mall in Abu Dhabi.
In a recent survey, conducted by Forbes magazine and market research firm Statista, Apple was rated the sixth best employer in the world.
The following job posts have been put out on Apple’s website in the UAE:
- Specialist: The candidate will provide right solutions and get products into customers’ hands. He/she should have strong interest in technology, particularly Apple products, and agility at learning new products and features. Strong communication skills to converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers. Multilingual ability is a plus. Plus, the candidate needs to be flexible with the schedule as work hours will be based on business needs.
- Store Leader: As a Store Leader, the candidate will have to build and manage various teams that engage customers in a dynamic environment. In this role, he/she will lead the people that help customers learn new skills and get technical support. In addition to team building, the candidate will be responsible for upholding high standards regarding communication and confidentiality. Candidates applying for this role should have at least 10 years of experience as well as fluent in English (both written and spoken). Multilingual ability is a plus. Plus, the chosen candidate should be flexible with the schedule.
- Genius: As a skilled expert, his/her role involves troubleshooting, repairing products and problem-solving. He/she will also educate the team members about products, while independently keeping his/her own technical know-how up to date. Multilingual ability is a plus while work hours will also be flexible.
- Operations Expert: As an Operations Expert, candidates will guide and mentor the team, help keeping pace with changing demands and make sure every product and demo machine is where it should be. People who have the ability to think quickly and perform problem-solving tasks with strong organisational skills should apply for this position. The chosen candidate will be in-charge of the store's entire inventory - products, parts, tools, supplies, and everything else. You're in constant contact with the management and leadership teams, sharing data about the status of products and parts. And when exciting new products arrive, you're the first to open them up and present them to the entire store team. The person should have the ability to manage and meet multiple inventory deadlines each week, movement through the stockroom. Multilingual ability is a plus and work hours will be based on business needs.
- Creative: As a Creative, your main role at the Apple Store is that of instructor, whether guiding small groups to learn or helping individua0ls complete projects. You use your presentation skills to act as a facilitator, helping users get set up, get trained, and get going. But you're also an excellent listener, taking the time to understand what each user hopes to achieve or learn. You spend much of your time leading scheduled training sessions, but you're still comfortable interacting with store customers between those sessions. Candidates should be comfortable selling as well as teaching, helping the team members out as needed.
- Manager: The candidate will build and inspire high-performing teams of unique individuals who deliver positive experiences for customers as they learn, shop, and get support. Key qualifications include proven ability to drive amazing customer experiences — and results — through team development and managing multiple commitments to customers, staff, and operations. Candidates demonstrating leadership ability with at least five years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting is required. Fluency in English (both written and spoken), multilingual and time flexibility are also required in this role.
- Market Leader: Candidates need to have experience in building respected leadership teams and developing talent to support business growth. He/she should have proven ability to keep multiple locations aligned while executing organisational initiatives. Candidates should have Bachelor in Arts (BA) or Bachelor in Science (BS) degree, or equivalent experience. Candidates should be adept at recommending other in-store support options, such as business services and the Genius Bar.
- Senior Manager: It’s your job as a Senior Manager to lead the staff and operations of one or more store areas and seek solutions and results that create a high-performing work environment. By reading situations quickly, you are able to build success for the business and promote the Apple brand through unparalleled customer service. You have demonstrated leadership ability with at least five years of experience in a customer-facing sales setting. Cross-industry experience is welcome — a retail background is not necessary. You’re fluent in English (both written and spoken) and the local language. Multilingual ability is a plus.
- Technical Specialist: As a Technical Specialist, the candidate will help new owners get started and current ones get quick and efficient support. You even provide personal training for new customers, helping them acquire the basic skills they need to get started on photo, video, and music projects. The candidate must have strong people skills -- a good listener and empathetic. Multilingual ability is a plus.
Copyright © 2021 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved.