British Petroleum Revels New Gas Discovery in Egypt

Published September 16th, 2020 - 12:30 GMT
British Petroleum Revels New Gas Discovery in Egypt
The new discovery is at 16 meters water depth on a new formation-level that had not previously been encountered in the existing Noroos field. (Shutterstock)
Highlights
Nidoco NW-1 exploratory well is located four kilometers north from the Nooros field, the statement added
British Petroleum (bp) revealed a new gas discovery in the Nidoco NW-1 exploratory well, located in Abu Madi West concession in the Egyptian Nile Delta, according to a September 16th statement.

Nidoco NW-1 exploratory well is located four kilometers north from the Nooros field, the statement added

The Nooros field was discovered in July 2015 and is situated five kilometers from the coast, in an area called “the great Noroos.”

The new discovery is at 16 meters water depth on a new formation-level that had not previously been encountered in the existing Noroos field.

bp holds 25% of the contractor’s share in the Nile Delta concession, while Eni, through its subsidiary International Egyptian Oil Company (IEOC) IEOC, holds the remaining 75%.

The field is operated by Petrobel, a joint venture between IEOC and the State partner Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (EGPC).

Karim Alaa, bp’s regional president at North Africa, said, “This discovery emphasizes the existing resources base and future potential of the Great Noroos area and underpins bp’s commitment to Egypt.”

According to BP’s Statistical Review of World Energy report, Egypt registered a 2.6% increase Year on Year in the liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports in 2019.


Copyright © 2020 Arab Finance Brokerage Company All rights reserved.

You may also like