We consciously reduce the speed of our cars around radars, pay special attention at pedestrian crossings, and slow down as soon as the green traffic light starts blinking -- to avoid traffic fines.
But there are also some traffic fines in Dubai that most of us don't know about, such as a fine for driving a noisy vehicle, or a taxi refusing to carry passengers.
We list out some of them for you (click here for the complete list):
1. Opening the left door of taxi - Dh100 fine and three black points
2. Broken indicator lights - Dh100 fine and two black points
3. Driving without spectacles or contact lenses - Dh100 fine
4. Using interior lights for no reason while driving - Dh100 fine
5. Using horn in a disturbing way - Dh100 and two black points
6. Not carrying driving license while driving - Dh100 fine
7. Number plates with unclear numbers - Dh200 and three black points
8. Not giving way for vehicles to pass on the left - Dh200
9. Driving with one number plate - Dh200 and two black points
10. Driving with tires in poor condition - Dh200 and vehicle confiscated for seven days
11. Writing phrases or placing stickers on vehicle without permission - Dh200
Copyright © 2019 Khaleej Times. All Rights Reserved.